Optometrist Dr. Mark Johnson and our staff at Lone Star Vision in Beaumont, TX, want you to have the best vision possible. Be sure you and your family each have an eye exam at least once a year. Vision exams help detect conditions such as:
- Nearsightedness (myopia) - difficulty seeing objects far away such as street signs
- Farsightedness (hyperopia) - items close by appear blurry, may have trouble reading.
- Glaucoma - causes damage to the optic nerve, leading to blindness.
- Cataracts - protein builds up on the eye lens, causing blurred vision.
- Eye movement and tracking problems - trouble focusing on moving objects.
- Eye coordination problems (amblyopia) - may experience double vision.
- Macular Degeneration - causes changes to the retina and loss of sight.
Eye exams aren't just for people who already wear glasses. During a routine exam, our eye doctor tests for non-symptomatic eye diseases, such as glaucoma. Dr. Johnson can detect diabetes during a routine eye exam. People's eyesight changes over time. Often, people’s vision changes so gradually they don’t even notice. If your children are going to start school or play a new sport, bring them in for a routine eye exam. Providing your children with excellent vision is one of the pillars of success for learning and playing sports. We can also help relieve dry eyes. After an exam, Dr. Johnson may prescribe corrective lenses, including glasses, contact lenses, or CRT lenses.
When to Visit Our Optometrist in Beaumont
If you are suffering from floaters, eye pain, or tunnel vision, do not wait for your annual exam. Also, seeing halos or pinpoints of light are symptoms you should not ignore. These symptoms might indicate a bigger problem, such as a torn retina or photokeratitis (sun damage). Meet with our eye doctor as soon as you can. We offer routine exams and emergency exams. If you experience a vision emergency, call us. We offer same-day appointments.
Schedule Your Next Eye Exam in Beaumont
Dr. Johnson has been treating patients in Southeast Texas for over 27 years. We offer friendly, comfortable, personalized optometry in Beaumont. Take a look at our online virtual office tour. Contact us now to schedule eye exams with our optometrist for your entire family. Submit your appointment request form online or call us at (409) 896-5700. We also offer Saturday appointments.